Acceptance of Policy
- In order to purchase a product on the Website you will need to create an account with the Website. This account is password-protected that can be used, among other things, to purchase products, submit an online customer review, establish account preferences or contact data. Giemedia.com recommends you do not share your password with anyone. Because any information you choose to post will be available on the Internet, giemedia.com can make no assurances that other will not use, or misuse, that information.
- Giemedia.com may receive and store information you enter or provide through your use of the Website. For example, you may enter or provide giemedia.com information that giemedia.com may receive and/or store when you place an order, register, complete your profile and preferences, complete a survey or questionnaire, participate in any Services provided to you by giemedia.com or the Website, or send giemedia.com an e-mail or other type of correspondence. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your mailing address;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your phone number;
- Your credit card information;
- Your billing address;
- Other personal or preference information you provide to giemedia.com regarding communications, likes, dislikes, interests and other information related to its products and offerings; and,
- Information you provide to giemedia.com about other people, including but not limited to, the name and address of a gift recipient of a product purchased through the Website.
- Giemedia.com may receive information about you from other sources. This information may allow giemedia.com to improve the level of service offered to you through product recommendations or special offers that may be of interest to you.
- Giemedia.com uses your personal information to provide you with a superior customer experience on and through the Website and, as necessary, to administer giemedia.com’s business. For example, giemedia.com uses your personal information to:
- Provide superior customer service;
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve giemedia.com’s products and services;
- Administer contests, promotions or surveys;
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize and enhance the Website and advertising;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues;
- Manage giemedia.com’s business; and
- Better understand giemedia.com’s users to be able to provide promotions that better relate to your likes, dislikes, needs and interests.
- Every user that has an account on the Website is responsible for (i) keeping his or her account password confidential and secured, (ii) avoiding unauthorized access to his or her computer; and (iii) keeping the e-mail address associated with that account current (you acknowledge that it is important to keep the e-mail address associated with that account current because although you may be able to log into your giemedia.com account using an old e-mail address, you will not receive messages from giemedia.com about your orders and inquiries or other matters).
- You shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password(s). You acknowledge that, although the Internet is often a secure environment, sometimes there are interruptions in service or events that are beyond the control of giemedia.com, and giemedia.com shall not be responsible for any data lost while transmitting or receiving information on the Internet.
- Upon accessing the Website, giemedia.com may receive, collect, and record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website including, for example, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the date and time you access the Website; and, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Website. Giemedia.com may use this information to monitor the usage of the Website and as necessary for giemedia.com’s business. This information does not include personal information.
- The Website is marketed for and directed towards use and purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. Minors, individuals under eighteen (18) years of age, are not authorized or permitted to use the Website without the supervision of their parent or legal guardian. Giemedia.com does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Should giemedia.com learn that someone under thirteen (13) years of age has provided any personal information to giemedia.com or on the Website, giemedia.com will remove that information as soon as possible.
- If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States and provide giemedia.com with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By doing business or interacting with giemedia.com, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by giemedia.com.
Protection of Your Information
- Giemedia.com takes significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological, and procedural measures, to help safeguard your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. While giemedia.com is focused on the security of your personal information and follows strict standards, processes, and procedures designed to protect your personal information, giemedia.com cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission or submission over or by way of the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while giemedia.com employs commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seeks to partner with companies which do the same, giemedia.com cannot and does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website, and is not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although it may be required to engage in a certain activity on the Website.
- As a condition of purchase of giemedia.com’s products and services, giemedia.com may send you Administrative and Promotional E-mails. Giemedia.com may send you information regarding your account activity and purchases as well as updates about giemedia.com’s products and promotional offers. You cannot opt-out of Administrative E-mails. “Administrative E-mails” relate to your activity on the Website, and include e-mails regarding a particular user’s account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services. In contrast to Administrative E-mails, however, you do have a choice with respect to Promotional E-mails. Promotional E-mails advertise giemedia.com’s products and services, including exclusive sales and other offers, and/or the products and services of giemedia.com’s advertisers, Merchants and affiliates. If you do not want to receive Promotional E-mails from giemedia.com, you may elect to opt-out of receiving Promotional E-mails at any time after registering by contacting giemedia.com at the address in Article X.. When contacting giemedia.com, please indicate your name, address, e-mail address, and what Promotional E-mails you do not want to receive.
- Giemedia.com will never request any credit card information, user name, password, or any other personal information from you through e-mail. This is an attempt to steal your personal information known as “phishing.”
- IF YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL THAT LOOKS LIKE IT IS SENT BY GIEMEDIA.COM AND IS ASKING YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DELETE THE E-MAIL AND DO NOT RESPOND.
Cookies and Tracking Devices
- In addition to the information collected as set forth herein, giemedia.com may receive and/or store information received from you through your use and interaction with the Website, such as, but not limited to, information obtained through the use of “cookies” or alphanumeric identifiers that giemedia.com transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Giemedia.com may use “cookies” to obtain information when your web browser accesses the Website.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive to collect information about your activities on the Website. Cookies help giemedia.com to: (i) speed navigation, keep track of items in your shopping cart and provide you with the content that is tailored to you; (ii) remember information you provided to the Website so that you do not have to reenter such information for future use thereof; (iii) determine the effectiveness of certain marketing efforts and communications; and (iv) monitor the number of visitors, pages viewed, banners displayed, Products purchased and Products redeemed.
- Browsers are typically programmed to create cookies automatically. Giemedia.com does not require you, as a condition for using the Website, to permit giemedia.com’s use of “cookies” and you can choose to utilize software or other programs, provided by you at your own risk and cost, which are designed to allow you to access the Website anonymously. The “help” function of most web browsers can provide you with specific information about how to prevent your web browser from accepting “cookies.” Some of giemedia.com features and services may not function properly, or at all, if the cookies are turned off.
- Giemedia.com may utilize the information obtained from “cookies” for reporting and analysis purposes, to determine the performance of any marketing efforts undertaken by giemedia.com, and the delivery of relevant marketing messages, advertisements, product offers and other special offers.
- Giemedia.com may also use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the website pages and promotions, or may allow giemedia.com’s third party service providers to use these devices on giemedia.com’s behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on the Website, or in the giemedia.com’s e-mails that allows the Website to determine whether you have performed a specific action. Pixel tags allow the Website to measure and improve giemedia.com’s understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Website.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, giemedia.com may share certain non-personally identifiable information to third party companies and organizations in order to provide special opportunities and offers to you, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on giemedia.com’s behalf. Giemedia.com provides personal information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work under contract on its behalf to provide certain services, such as e-mail marketing and product information, printing, mailing, web hosting, e-signatures and credit card information) or that help giemedia.com market products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information giemedia.com shares with them for any other purpose. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information giemedia.com provides them in any way that is not authorized by giemedia.com. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist giemedia.com and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party providers of products and services. These are third parties that provide products and services that you may purchase or request from or through giemedia.com and the Website. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information giemedia.com provides to them in any way that is not authorized by Giemedia.com. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist giemedia.com and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. Giemedia.com may release personal information to third parties when it determines, in its reasonable judgment, that it is necessary to: (i) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of giemedia.com’s policies or user agreements; or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of giemedia.com, giemedia.com’s employees, giemedia.com’s customers, users or others.
- Third Party Advertisers. Giemedia.com may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Some of these third party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). If you would like more information about any NAI member company, or you would like to opt-out of targeted advertising from any NAI member company, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
- Giemedia.com also uses third party service providers to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from its users to administer giemedia.com’s Website to constantly improve its quality. Giemedia.com may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for advertisers. Please note that this is not personally identifiable information, only general summaries of the activities of giemedia.com’s users. Such data is collected on giemedia.com’s behalf, and is owned and used by giemedia.com.
- You agree that giemedia.com may provide you with notices, including those regarding the Updated Terms, by e-mail, regular mail, or postings on the Website.
- IF YOU OBJECT TO ANY SUCH CHANGES, YOUR SOLE RECOURSE SHALL BE TO CEASE USING THE WEBSITE.
- Giemedia.com shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, including, but not limited to, content, tools, account features, hours of availability and equipment or software needed for access or use. Further, giemedia.com may discontinue disseminating any portion of information or category of information, may change or eliminate any transmission or transaction method and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics in its sole discretion.
- This Website is controlled and operated by GIE Media, Inc. doing business as giemedia.com in Richfield, Ohio.
- You agree to submit to the nonexclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Summit County, Ohio and waive any objection to the laying of venue of any litigation in said courts.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. Giemedia.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and other users.
- By participating in the Website you agree to receive communications from, other users, and moderators related to the provisions of any services.
- Giemedia.com encourages you to promptly update your personal information if it changes. You may ask to have information on your account deleted or removed; however, because giemedia.com keeps track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Website. It may be impossible for giemedia.com to completely delete all of your information because giemedia.com periodically backs up your information and certain information is maintained and stored solely by giemedia.com’s third party vendors.
- If you choose to store credit card information on the Website, this is stored on a secure page and you may delete your credit card information at any time by logging into your account through the Website and amending your account and e-mail preferences or contacting giemedia.com at the address in Article X. Please indicate your name, address and e-mail address, and what information you would like to update when you contact us.
- When you interact with giemedia.com, you are eligible to receive certain administrative and marketing-related communications that may include advertisements from third parties. If at any time you wish to no longer receive these communications you can opt-out by logging into your account and modify your preferences to include or exclude certain communications.
- Even if you opt-out of receiving certain marketing-related and promotional communications, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to order confirmations and/or another business-related communications.
- Giemedia.com agrees to adhere to all U.S. Export Administration laws and regulations and will not export or re-export any technical data or products received from you, or the direct products of such technical data, to any proscribed country listed in the then-current U.S. Export Administration Regulations unless properly authorized by both you and the U.S. Government.
- All notices and communications to giemedia.com shall be sent in writing to:
Address: GIE Media, Inc.
4020 Kinross Lakes Parkway
Suite 201, Richfield, OH 44286
Phone : 1-800-456-0707